Friday, May 12, 2006

Ends, Beginnings, and the Spots In Between

So, the semester is over at RPI. Tonight I finish packing, and tomorrow I head home. The switch to IT has worked out really well, and I've had quite the time. I filed the paperwork today to officially switch departments, so hopefully that'll be approved by the Powers That Be next week. Beyond that, I'm happy to say that everything's done.

At the same time, I'm sad to see the semester end. I've grown a lot in the past few months, and learned more about IT, myself, and God than I ever thought possible. I've gained some amazing friends, and done some really cool (and some really inane) stuff. It's sad to watch us all go our separate ways - phone calls and AIM aren't a good substitute for actually being with people.

On a different note (but on the same minor chord), I have a summer and fall co-op, working for Avidyne Corporation, in Lincoln, MA. They have a couple of projects they need to have done, in addition to the day-to-day IT stuff. It should be interesting - it's my first actual IT job (or at least the first one that's officially IT and that I get paid for). At the same time, I'm a little disappointed, because there was a job in Troy that I really wanted to get but didn't. There's a number of things I'd like to be involved in here, including RPI things in the Fall, but, alas, it appears God has other plans. I'm sure they'll be good ones, but until I find out what they are, my outlook is a tad bittersweet.

One thing I can vouch for is that this whole God-directed life thing is quite the adventure. If it weren't for the fact that I know that He knows what He's doing, I'd probably be a lot more unhappy right now. But, as I once said to someone once who commented on the "convenience" of having God to run the universe for you, it's almost like a contract - He's the Boss, so I do what He tells me to do, and then it's His job to make sure the details work out. Unfortunately, He doesn't generally feel it necessary to give me all the details beforehand.

So, stay tuned for the adventures of Nate in Massachusetts. And news on the various projects I have planned for my evenings. This should be a most interesting next few months.

God is good!

No comments:




All content (c) 2005-09 Nathan I. Allen
Biblical quotes are from the English Standard Version, (c) 2001 by Crossway Bibles, unless otherwise noted

No sockpuppets were harmed in the making of this website.