Monday, May 12, 2008

What I Learned Today (kinda)

Oh, why not....

It's late, but I was encouraged recently. I commute using the local bus system, and there is a certain driver who, being human, often can come off rather harshly, generally to riders who more than ask for it (I'm not condoning it, but I'm not perfect either). Yet, I have a pretty good rapport with them, and have found that it's actually not difficult to draw out a smile. My secret? Just being kind - it's amazing what a transformation a simple greeting can bring about.

I'd consider myself smart, but Solomon beat me to it: "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." (Prov. 15:1) If you haven't already, try it - it's pretty cool.

No comments:




All content (c) 2005-09 Nathan I. Allen
Biblical quotes are from the English Standard Version, (c) 2001 by Crossway Bibles, unless otherwise noted

No sockpuppets were harmed in the making of this website.