Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Important Baking Tip

On a completely different topic, tonight I was baking. Now, in baking, there is a very important step, called "licking the beater". Someone might tell you that this step is extraneous, but I have been reminded tonight why this isn't the case. You see, I had put some sugar in a smaller plastic container to take it to cook elsewhere one day (I think for a Bible study) and hadn't combined it back into the larger sugar container, so it seemed like a good plan to use it up. And, indeed, it would have been a good plan, except that it wasn't sugar - it was salt. An extra quarter-cup of salt in a recipe changes the taste ever-so-slightly. Had I not been forced to lick the beater out of respect for tradition, I wouldn't have found out until people ate it. Thankfully, disaster was averted.

The lesson: lick the beater - it could save your dessert!

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Hurrah for saved dessert!




All content (c) 2005-09 Nathan I. Allen
Biblical quotes are from the English Standard Version, (c) 2001 by Crossway Bibles, unless otherwise noted

No sockpuppets were harmed in the making of this website.